Tips when renting
Here you can learn how to easier find and rent your dream cabin.
Also visit these Useful Web sites.
10 things you should think about when you rent a cabin
- Make sure to get a written confirmation on the booking and make sure the renter really exists. An address and a home phone number to the cabin owner make the rental inquiry more trustable.
- Ask for references. It's not impossible that you through the owner can get in contact with somebody who has rented before. Ask if they are satisfied and recommend you to be there. Also check if someone has made a rating for the cabin on fritiden.se.
- Be careful to investigate the condition the cabin has and if there is something that doesn't work. If you see a damage the same day you arrive to the cabin, take pictures (with date stamp) as an extra precaution.
- Read the terms of agreement thorough – for ex. about taxes, electricity, water consumption, final bill, sheets, etc. all are included.
- You have the right to receive your money back if the cabin does not meet the promises or if it is double booked. Do not hesitate to turn to Allmänna reklamationsnämnden (The National Board for Consumer Complaints) if there problems arise.
- The guidelines of Konsumentverket (National Board for Consumer Policies) do not apply when you rent from an individual person.
- Go through your insurances. Check if your householders' comprehensive insurance is valid if something breaks.
- Confirm the price and see if it can be improved. Depending on where and when you rent the cabin some times the owner can agree on a better price.
- The renter could cancel the booking if you don't pay the fee on time.
- Make sure to have everything ready before the vacation but enjoy later when you finally are there.
10 tips of unforgettable vacation places
10 fun activities to do on the Swedish vacation
- Bring the kids to play cowboy and indian at High Chaparral in Småland!
- Go to a place you have never been to before, just heard of and dreamt about.
- Experience the wonderful nature of Sweden from a canoe that floats in a small river.
- Vacation together with another family, it can give many pleasant surprises.
- Combine use and pleasure, helping people in need is both fun and nice.
- Learn more about the history of Sweden by visiting old castles and museums.
- Let the adrenaline flow in a wild river rafting, you will not regret it!
- Celebrate a typical Swedes vacation with a caravan, light beer and dance music.
- Don't miss the swinging jazz festival in Askersund during the month of June.
- Enjoy the spare time fritiden in a hammock with a good book while the family is bathing.
10 effective tricks to best use fritiden.se
- Start by using our simple search guide (on the Home page).
- Try also the advanced search (search on one or several criterias).
- Go through our most popular objects (based on other visitor's interest).
- Feel free to use our special categories, such as last minute or random).
- Use the information on the object page (compare objects, contact the owner, etc.).
- Subscribe and read our newsletter FRITIDEN (has valuable information).
- Watch always the provinces you are interested of (also for activities and other countries).
- Also make a wanted ad for the type of object/are you are looking for (free).
- Often visit your personal link on fritiden.se (you get one when you have watched).
- Be active and explore the entire site (tell you friends about fritiden.se).